Whether you're celebrating a holiday or are simply feeling generous this time of year, buying is on many people's minds right now. It can be a stressful time and staying sustainable can understandably seem like yet another challenge. However, this doesn't have to be true! I've gathered some great guides, tips and tricks to help make responsible holiday shopping easier! Here are 5 resources to utilize this season so you can really spread the love:
- The Good Trade's guide to 'experience gifts' has some exciting options, and can make you look at gifting in an entirely new way- think concert tickets, massage vouchers or even the classic IOU books.
- The Ethical Unicorn blog is a great source of ethical gifting inspiration. Check out this year's 'Ethical Advent' series and then get tips on sustainable ways to wrap those ethical gifts!
- Stitched Up Cooperative has put out a 'Thrifty Christmas' Youtube series which showcases easy- and festive- DIY projects! Join in on the fun without breaking the bank.
- Shop sustainable/ethical brands to find quality items that will last! Study 34 just released their new and improved 'jumpers', which can be purchased on their website. The light weight knit is stylish, comfortable and lovingly made in the UK.
- Lastly here's a short think-piece about why lessening, or even stopping, your gift giving could be a good thing! Rookie Magazine's 'anti-gift guide' is definitely worth a read.